Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fashion: High Heel Comfort

Christian Louboutin Maralena Crystal-Covered Mesh Peep Toe Pumps

I love high heels! I love everything about them, but I don't love how my feet feel after a day of walking around in them. Anyone who lives in a city knows that trying to catch the bus or running across the street while darting through traffic is hard enough, and doing it all in heels is just unthinkable. 

A few years ago I was in Paris, France for a week and as I watched French women walk full speed on brick cobble streets while wearing 4 inch heels I thought to myself, do they just have a high heel gene that I'm missing? What's their secret? 

Well, it turns out the secret is cushion inserts. Think of cushion inserts as alterations for your shoes to conform them to fit perfectly to your feet.

 


Dr. Scholl's For Her makes great gel inserts for high heels and they're quite affordable. Here are a few tips on wearing high heels with more comfort:

  • Notice any problems with your new heels by wearing them around the house to break them in
  • If your feet slide forward then Insoles might fix the problem
  • If the balls of your feet or your toes hurt then Ball of Foot pads may help
  • If your heels hurt (especially in slides or slingbacks) then Heel Cushions might help
  • If the back of your heel is sensitive and rubs against the back of your heels then Heel Liners will fix the problem
  • Use anti-perspirant on the soles of your feet to prevent blisters
By using these tips we can all wear high heels without the pain afterwards!


No comments:

Post a Comment