Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fashion: Cruelty-Free Drugstore Makeup Brands

I think most women like to browse the makeup aisles at their local drugstore, and I'm definitely no exception. Although most of the times I don't actually need anything, but sometimes a $1.99 lipgloss is exactly the little pick me up that I've been looking for.

Since I like to browse the drugstore beauty aisles so much, I thought I'd do some research and figure out which drugstore makeup brands are free of animal testing.

Through my research I realized that sadly only two of the major cosmetics companies are animal cruelty-free, Revlon and Almay. Revlon and Almay have proven to PETA that they perform no animal testing on either their ingredients or on their finished products.

Sadly, many of the cosmetic companies claim their products to be cruelty-free because they don't perform animal testing on their finished products, however, many of the companies still perform horrific animal testing for their ingredients.

The following drugstore cosmetics companies are certified to be cruelty-free for both their finished products and ingredients according to PETA: Revlon, Almay, Physician's Formula and e.l.f Cosmetics (can be found at Target).

So from now on when I'm browsing the beauty aisles at my local drugstore, I can still get a little pick me up and remain true to my conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment