Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Food: Organic Almond Butter Cookies (Using a Stand Mixer)

I'm absolutely in love with my KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer. I've heard rave reviews about this mixer for many years, and now that I finally have one, I understand why. It's so easy and fast to make homemade cookies now. I used my stand mixer to create almond butter cookies. They are similar to peanut butter cookies, but since I hate peanut butter (and yes, I know that I'm probably the only person in the world who hates peanut butter), I decided to create almond butter cookies instead. For me they're tastier and a healthier option to peanut butter cookies. Also, this recipe uses less sugar than traditional peanut butter cookies and so it's a good alternative for people who are sugar sensitive. Plus, I used organic ingredients, so when I eat them I can fool myself into thinking that they're healthy for me. After all almonds are good for you, right? 
KitchenAid Design Series Stand Mixer
KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer

Organic Almond Butter Cookies
(Makes 2 dozen cookies)

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
  • 1 stick of organic butter
  • 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
  • 1 cage free egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cups organic all-purpose white flour
Directions:
  1. Place peanut butter and butter in mixing bowl and beat at speed 6 with the flat beater attachment until mixture is smooth.
  2. Add sugars, egg and vanilla and mix at speed 4.
  3. Add remaining ingredients at Stir speed.
  4. Roll dough into small balls and place equally spaced apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  5. Press flat with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
  6. Bake at 375 F for about 10-12 minutes.
  7. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks. 
  8. Enjoy!
Organic Almond Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment