Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Food: Roasted Halloween Pumpkin Seeds

I hate wasting food. I'm the kind of person who always leaves a restaurant with a bag full of left-overs and makes diligent grocery lists to make sure no food goes wasted. This has nothing to do with saving money, but that I just don't want to waste food. As a matter of fact, I've even asked restaurants to charge me the full price but just give me a smaller portion.

However, each year I throw out perfectly edible pumpkin seeds after I've carved my annual Jack-O-Lantern simply because I don't know what to do with them.

This year rather than throwing the pumpkin seeds out I used them to create Roasted Halloween Pumpkin Seeds and they're healthy and delicious.

Now, I can enjoy both the carved pumpkin and its seeds!

Roasted Halloween Pumpkin Seeds
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of pumpkin seeds
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together and bake the seeds on a cookie sheet for 1 hour at 275 degrees.

Enjoy!

Roasted Halloween Pumpkin Seeds

     
Carved Pumpkin (Frankenstein & his Bride)

No comments:

Post a Comment