Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Fashion: Alexis Bittar Jewelry

Okay, so I admit it, Alexis Bittar jewelry is not exactly a new find, his beautiful handmade jewelry are everywhere and everyone knows about it. But his beautiful pieces are definitely still blog worthy.

Alexis Bittar started designing jewelry in 1988 and used to sell his pieces on the streets in Soho, New York City. If any of you actually have one his pieces from 1988-1992, hold onto it like the fashion treasure that it is. His designs were then discovered by Saks Fifth Avenue, and currently his designs can be found in most large boutiques and department stores, such as Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. His Lucite collection is his original collection which has become an Alexis Bittar design staple and the collection most seen in the retail stores. Although his jewelry is sold all over the country and featured in multiple magazines, each piece is still handmade by artisans in Brooklyn, New York. Which explains both the beauty and the individuality of the pieces, but also the high price tag.

For his most current designs, such as his current Miss Havisham collection and Elements Collection, try heading over to an Alexis Bittar boutique instead. Trust me it's worth a trip!

I have many of his pieces, and these are the pieces that I always receive the most compliments on. During my last shopping excursion in New York City, I stopped by the Alexis Bittar boutique in Soho and I fell head over heels in love with these crystal encrusted gold bezeled chalcopyrite drop earrings:

Alexis Bittar from Miss Havisham Collection

After I tried these earrings on, my credit card was ready to jump out of my wallet to make sure they were mine. While I was at the boutique I also fell in love with the gunmetal pearl backed drop earrings from the Elements Collection. Although I wasn't able to pick these up during my last trip, trust me, they will be mine.

Alexis Bittar from Elements Collection

Just in case you can't make it to one of the boutiques, you can always go online too, but the experience just isn't the same. Besides New York, he also has boutiques in LA, San Francisco and Chicago.

And if you're looking for a one of a kind piece, then check out his Archives Collection. These pieces were never mass produced and were only available to magazine editors for photo shoots, samples that were never produced, or Alexis' favorite pieces that are signed. Once a piece is sold, it's gone forever. However, expect to pay much higher prices for this one of a kind original. 



No comments:

Post a Comment